Estonian Human Rights Centre is an independent non-governmental human rights advocacy organisation. EHRC was founded in December 2009. EHRC has quickly developed to be the most well-known human rights NGO in Estonia.
The mission of EHRC is to work together for Estonia that respects the human rights of each person.
By 2020, Estonian Human Rights Centre is the influential and competent leader of Estonian non-governmental human rights movement.
EHRC develops its activities according to the needs of the society. Our focus is currently on the advancement of equal treatment of minority groups and diversity & inclusion and the human rights of asylum seekers and refugees. EHRC coordinates the Estonian Diversity Charter. We also monitor the overall human rights situation in Estonia and publish yearly independent human rights reports about the situation in Estonia. We are NGO partner for UNHCR (the UN Refugee Agency) in Estonia.
EHRC is governed by an independent Council, representing a range of views and societal groups. The Council sets a long term strategy for the EHRC and fulfils other statutory duties such as confirmation of the yearly financial statements. The daily work of the EHRC is managed by Executive Director. See more…
Networks and membershops
EHRC is a member of the following international networks:
- Civil Liberties Union for Europe
- Fundamental Rights Platform of the European Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA)
- European Legal Network on Asylum (ELENA)
- European Network Against Racism (ENAR)
- International Detention Coalition (IDC)
- JUSTICIA European Rights Network
- Ethical Journalism Network (EJN)
EHRC has special consultative status at the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). This enables us to submit written statements to and participate at events of different United Nations bodies, including the Human Rights Council. Read more…
EHRC belongs to the following Estonian NGO networks:
- Equal Treatment Network
- Estonian Human Rights Roundtable
- Estonian Roundtable for Development Cooperation
- Estonian Roundtable of Refugee Organisations
- Network of Estonian Nonprofit Organizations
- Open Government Partnership – Estonia
EHRC has strategic partnership agreement with Tallinn University of Technology.