2013 saw the establishment of Equal Treatment Network that unites NGOs, whose main activities include protecting the equal rights of their target groups.
The objective of the Network is to support the Network members across specific target groups and cooperate in finding common interests, speak up jointly to achieve this, and organize other activities. The Network collaborates with national institutions within the common interest, and promotes the institutions to better follow and value the principle of equal treatment.
Members of the Network:
- Estonian Human Rights Centre (EHRC)
- Estonian Women’s Associations Roundtable (EWAR)
- Estonian Centre of Disabled Persons (EPIK)
- Estonian LGBT Association (ELGBTA)
- Estonian National Youth Council (ENL)
- Ida-Viru County Integration Centre (IVI)
- Seksuaalvähemuste kaitse ühing (SEKY)
- Tallinn Human Rights Information Centre
In 2015, the Network coordinator is Marianne Meiorg (EHRC)
The Equal Treatment Network was developed in a project, supported by the Open Estonia Foundation through the NGO Fund.
In 2015, the Equal Treatment Network’s activity is sponsored by the Council of Gambling Tax through the Ministry of Social Affairs.